The association of Central Regional Private Caterers, has refuted claims that their salaries have been embezzled by the NPP chairman in the area, Mr. Robert Kutin Jrn.
In a press briefing to straighten the records, the caterers said the alleged payment of Twenty One Million Ghana Cedis (GHC21,000,000.00) into a momo account purported to be that of the Regional Chairman was "totally false, unfounded, malicious and diabolical".
They explained that payments have fully been made to them for the 51days services rendered to JHS 3 students. However, they disclosed that the National School Feeding Secretariat is yet to settle them of an outstanding 20 days services rendered to the JHS 2 students.
"That as caterers who cooked for these private school we have received in full whatever transfers that has been effected by the National Secretariat of the School Feeding Program except an outstanding amount for 20 days for food prepared for JHS2 pupils," they said in portions of the briefing.
"For us, it is an irony for caterers to be paid and yet for someone to alleged that that same money meant for our payments is seating in the Regional Chairman’s purported momo account?," it wondered.
They group stated that Mr. Robert Kutin Jnr. was not in anyway involved in their payment issues and they believe some unidentified persons are hiding behind the media to tarnish his had earned reputation.
They are therefore urging the public to treat such claims with the contempt it deserves.
Read the full briefing below:
ASSOCIATION OF CENTRAL REGIONAL PRIVATE SCHOOLS (HOT MEAL CATERERS
PRESS STATEMENT ON THE ALLEGED NON PAYMENT OF BENEFICIARIES - 15th APRIL 2021
Good afternoon members of the Media and to all those here present this morning.
We wish to thank you for your presence in spite of the rather very short notice
We members here present are caterers from the 23 constituencies in the central region who were offered the opportunity to cook for pupils in JHS2 and JHS3 during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Thereafter there has been lots of rumours in the Central Region and beyond about payments relating to the President’s Special School Feeding Program for Private Schools during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic
2. That some of the alleged issues include the payment of an alleged amount of GHs21 million into a momo account purported to be that of the Regional Chairman - Mr. Robert Kutin Jnr
3. That this assertion is totally false, unfounded, malicious and diabolical with the intent of denting the hard won reputation of the hard working Regional Chairman.
4. That as caterers we cooked for 51days and 20days forJHS 2 and JHS3 pupils respectively.
5. That as caterers who cooked for these private school we have received in full whatever transfers that has been effected by the National Secretariat of the School Feeding Program except an outstanding amount for 20days for food prepared for JHS2 pupils
6. That the outstanding payments for 20 days is yet to be paid by the National School Feeding Secretariat and we have assurances that this will be effected soon.
7. For us, it is an irony for caterers to be paid and yet for someone to alleged that that same money meant for our payments is seating in the Regional Chairman’s purported momo account?
8. Concluding, we would want to state categorically as Central Region Concerned Private Schools Caterers, that the Central Regional Chairman Mr Robert Kutin Jnr was not in any way involved in the said School Feeding Program and as such there is no way the purported momo account of the Regional Chairman who was not involved in any form or kind would have been credited.
8. We are of the strongly conviction that all the bad press are deliberately aimed at tarnishing his hard won reputation and would advise the public to treat any such statements or comments with the contempt it deserves.
Thanks once again for your prompt response to this briefing. We are hopeful that this briefing will set the records straight