The 5th Edition of the Ghana Beverage Awards was held on the 24th of April, 2021 under the theme, “Inspiring Excellence in Ghana’s Beverage Industry”.
The event was virtually organized by Global Media Alliance in adherence to the COVID-19 protocols, was streamed live on eTV Ghana, Citi TV , GTV and on all GBA social media platforms.
At the just-ended event, Awake Purified Drinking Water emerged the winner of the Product of the Year, which was the most coveted award of the event.
Below is the full list of the winners of the 18 categories of GBA 2020:
- International Spirit of the Year: Jameson Irish Whisky
- International Beer of the Year: Heineken
- International Wine of the Year: Campo Viejo
- International Liqueur of the Year: Baileys Irish Cream
- Spirit of the Year: Aphro Moor
- Beer of the Year: ABC Golden Lager Beer
- Bitters of the Year: Herb Afrik
- Liqueur of the Year: Carnival
- Cider/ RTD of the Year: Origin Beer
- Water of the Year: Voltic Mineral Water
- CSD of the Year: Coca Cola
- Energy Drink of the Year: Storm Energy Drink
- Fruit Drink of the Year: Blue Skies Fruit Juice
- Cocoa/Chocolate Product of the Year: Vitamilk Chocolate Drink
- CSR Company of the Year: BlowChem Company Limited
- New Beverage of the Year: Verna Active
- Manufacturing Company of the Year: Twellium Industrial Company Ltd.
- Product of the Year: Awake Purified Drinking Water
The Ghana Beverage Awards scheme seeks to promote both local and foreign beverages as well as the participation of small-scale beverage enterprises in Ghana.
The Award scheme also serves as an avenue to bring together different industry stakeholders to deliberate on current happenings, the future of the Ghanaian beverage industry and discuss progress paths.