Following the previous declaration of the opposition dated November 1, 2020, the opposition parties and political groups, after the parody of the presidential election of October 31, 2020, note the vacancy of the presidency of the Republic of Coast ivory.
The people of Côte d’Ivoire, in their majority, followed the civil disobedience slogan launched on September 20, 2020 and that relating to the boycott of the presidential election of October 31, 2020.
Indeed, the power in place and the illegal electoral body only succeeded in getting 8% of the electorate to vote, despite ballot box stuffing, all other forms of cheating, attacks and assassinations perpetrated against opposition supporters.
As a result, opposition political parties note that 90% of the electorate in this election, the majority of Ivorians, rejected:
- the illegal and unconstitutional candidacy of the outgoing President, Alassane OUATTARA;
- the partisan nature of the body in charge of the elections;
- the electoral list riddled with irregularities;
- the iniquitous decisions of the Constitutional Council of September 14, 2020, invalidating certain candidatures.
In view of the above,
- Drawing the consequences of the vacancy of the executive power, with the end of the presidential mandate of Mr. Alassane OUATTARA and the failure to hold a credible election;
- Considering that the maintenance of Mr. Alassane OUATTARA as head of state is likely to lead to civil war,
Opposition parties and political groups announce the creation of the National Transitional Council today.
The National Transitional Council is chaired by Mr. Henri Konan BEDIE, President of the PDCI-RDA and of the CDRP platform.
The National Transitional Council is responsible for:
- prepare the framework for the organization of the fair, transparent and inclusive presidential election;
- set up, in the coming hours, a transitional government;
- convene the national meeting for national reconciliation with a view to the return to a definitive peace in Côte d’Ivoire.
The opposition parties and political groups congratulate the Ivorians on their victory over the breach of Mr. Alassane OUATTARA and call on them to express their joy through popular demonstrations.
Opposition parties and political groups say the watchword of civil disobedience is maintained and call on the Ivorian people to remain mobilized until final victory.
Done in Abidjan 02 November 2020
P. The political parties and groups of the opposition
Pascal AFFI N’GUESSAN