This surprising home remedy can restore your hair to its natural shade, and you don't need to worry about damage from harsh dyes or chemicals.
When people start to get gray hair, sometimes it can be a struggle.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with gray hair; in many ways, gray hair is a sign of age and wisdom.
But some people absolutely adore their natural hair color and prefer not to have gray hair.
The chemicals in mainstream dyes can often make hair feel brittle and damaged, especially if you dye your hair often.
So how do you restore your natural hair color in a way that's good for your hair?
Well, it turns out potato skins might be the answer.
Potatoes have starches that act as natural colorants.
For this reason, potato skins have been used as alternative dye for fabrics since fabrics were invented.
This is how you can get started with restoring your natural color.
- A clean bowl
- A mesh strainer
- 6 potatoes
- 4 cups of heated water
- Optional essential oil
- Peel your six potatoes. Then add the potato skins to your pot with four cups of heated water. The skins should be boiled for 25 minutes, and then left to sit for 15 minutes.
- Use a strainer to empty the liquid into the clean bowl. Then throw out the scraps of the peels.
- Add just a drop or two of essential oil to the juice. Then, let it cool.
- As you shower, shampoo and condition your hair as you normally do. Then, part your hair and give it a coating of cooled potato juice.
- Massage the liquid deep into your scalp. Keep massaging for at least 5 minutes, and then rinse the liquid with cool water. For more dramatic results, you can keep the mixture on by putting on a shower cap and rinsing your hair before bed.
You might not see a significant difference right away.
The method isn't like hair dye. Dyes will change the color of your hair dramatically, but they use harmful chemicals to do it.
This is especially true of dyes that contain bleach.
To get the best results, you'll need to make this part of your weekly routine. Some people use a hair mask once a week.
You can use your potato juice once a week. It's important that you use the juice often, especially if you have a significant amount of gray hairs.
The more gray hair you have, the more gradual the change back to your natural color will be.
This mixture is a thousand times healthier than a traditional dye job.
Repeated treatments with potato juice won't have any ill effects on your hair, while repeated dye treatments will.