Mr. Kwaku Ampratwum-Sarpong has been appointed as the Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration.
A date is yet to be scheduled by Parliament’s Appointments Committee for his vetting.
His name was part of the list of 39 Deputy Ministers released by the President on Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
He is currently the Member of Parliament (MP) for the Mampong Constituency in the Ashanti Region.
Below is the profile of Kwaku Ampratwum-Sarpong
Mr. Kwaku Ampratwum-Sarpong was instrumental in the formation of the Danquah–Busia–Dombo group in London called United Progress Party International (UPPI) under the leadership of J.H Mensah, Kwadwo Mpiani, S.K Boafo, Thomas Broni, Elizabeth Ohene, Dr. Adjei Baafour.
This was the umbrella political organisation for the exiled in the UK in the 1980s and before 1992.
The UPPI in London coordinated all the political activities, strategies and programmes of the Danquah-Busia group in Ghana and outside Ghana until the birth of NPP in Ghana in 1992.
He was the Assistant Secretary and later became the General Secretary.
- University of Ghana, Legon (1980-84) – B/A (Hons.)
- University of South Bank, London (1991)- Post Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
- University of Westminster, London (1993/94) Post Graduate Certificate in Housing Studies/ Estate Management
- University of Westminster, London (1994-95), Post Graduate Diploma in Housing Management
- University of Westminster, London, (1995-96), M/A (Housing Management)
- University of London, Birkbeck College (2002-2003), Post Graduate Certificate in Investment Management.
- University of London, Birkbeck College (2004-2005), Post Graduate Diploma in Corporate Governance & Business Ethics
- Graduate School of Governance & Leadership 2012, Advance Executive Cert in Procurement & Contract Management
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Associate Member – Chartered Institute of Housing (UK)
- Member – Chartered Management Institute (UK)
- Member – Chartered Institute of Directors (UK)
- Affiliate Member – Institute of Consulting (UK)
- John Grant Estates, Edmonton London – 1989-90
- London Borough of Lambeth, Brixton Directorate of Housing & Property
- Senior Administrative Officer (Sept 1990- Oct 1991)
- London Borough of Hackney – Directorate of Housing
- Estate Manager: Oct 1991- June 1994
- Senior Housing Officer: June 1994-Sept 1995
- Principal Housing Officer: Sept 1995 – June 1996
- Divisional Service Manager: June 1996 – Oct 2002
- Hanover In Hackney Housing Ltd (UK)
- Capricorn Associates (UK) Ltd ( Property Developers, Management & Consultants)
- Deputy High Commissioner to New Delhi, India: 2006 – 2009
Mr. Kwaku Ampratwum-Sarpong is married with three children